The third of the Franciscan Clarist Congregation and the first in the diocese of Pala was constructed by Rev. Fr. Chandy Kattarathon 13th November 1902 at Maniyamkunnu in Poonjar after Mother of Dolours. The first members were Sr. Mariam Thresia Kozhukottayil and Sr. Mariam Clara Kunnethottathil who had come from Changanacherry Clarist Convent. Later ladies from nearby places joined the convent. Due to some unfavourable circumstances the sisters were forced to leave Maniamkunnu for Bharananganam.
At Bharananganam Rev. Fr. Chandy Kattarath built a convent for the sisters. When circumstances were favourable for them the sisters returned to Maniamkunnu on 30th September 1916 and started an LP School there in 1917. This was the first Catholic Educational Institution in that place.
One of the members of this convent Rev. Sr. Mariam Thresia went to Ernakulam arch diocese to start a Clarist convent at Angamaly in 1928. Credit goes to the hard work of the first members of this convent who started convents in different parts of the Pala diocese. The convents at Kannadiyurumbu, Bharananganam, Teekoy(1939), Peringulam(1946), Maniyamkulam(1953), Poonjar(1955) and Thidanad (1957) ,Aruvithura (1961) , Pachickal (1972) were started as the branches of Maniamkunnu convent in different times. Rev. Mother Bernerditt who was a member of this convent had served as the Mother General of the Congregation before the division of the diocese. Further, Mother Bernerditt had played a major role in the construction and development of the Tellecherry Clarist Convent.
Quite unknown to the world lived a simple and holy sister by name Rev. Kolethamma Aarampulickal, known as the mediatrix of trivial matters, in this convent. She died in 1984. Many visit her tomb and her room seeking her intercession and return with grateful heart to offer their thanks.